Issue after upgrade from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28 with build?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at guam.net
Tue Jun 19 16:07:10 UTC 2018

On 19 Jun 2018 at 14:19, Baruch Siach wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:19:19 +0300
From:           	Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il>
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at guam.net>
Copies to:      	busybox at busybox.net
Subject:        	Re: Issue after upgrade from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28 with
build?

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 08:45:55PM +1000, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > Upgraded a Fedora 27 VirtualBox system to Fedora 28, and then went to
> > rebuild a working busybox setup and get an error during the build with
> > mount.c.
> >
> > Is looking for rpc/rpc.h (and two other header files). With the fedora 27, the
> > directory /usr/include/rpc/ has a number of header files, but with the fedora
> > 28, it only contains netdb.h??
> >
> > With 27, it shows glibc-headers as the file that provides it. The fedora 28 has
> > the package installed, and even tried reinstalling it, but still just the one file.
> >
> > With the Fedora 28, dnf whatprovides search for /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h results
> > in nothing found.
> >
> > Not sure if has been moved, or somehow dropped from the system.
> >
> > Tried copying the missing files, from a fedora 27 to the directory, and it gets
> > thru the compile of mount.c, but then has error with the linking.
> >
> > Not sure if this is a busybox or fedora issue.
>
> glibc deprecated its internal rpc implementation. Fedora 28 now builds glibc
> without rpc support.
>
> You might find the advice in util-linux/mount.c useful:
>
> #  warning "You probably need to build uClibc with UCLIBC_HAS_RPC for NFS support"
>    /* not #error, since user may be using e.g. libtirpc instead.
>     * This might work:
>     * CONFIG_EXTRA_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tirpc"
>     * CONFIG_EXTRA_LDLIBS="tirpc"
>     */
>
> Another option is to use an external mount.nfs utility.
>
> baruch

Tried adding the lines into the busybox .config file, but then trying to make it
still fails in the mount.c program when it still tries to include the three header
files that no longer exist on the fedora 28 in the /usr/include/rpc directory.

Ended up just removing the mount and umount options from busybox, and it
then compiles just fine. Reduces busybox file by about 15K. Unfortunately
adding the mount, umount and required libraries is about an additional 500K.

Not a huge issue with my g4l project, since it isn't a space issue, but was
strange that its worked up to now with the setup.

Already had a few of the other libraries on build since other programs
requred them. Have to still run a full test.

Thanks.

> --
>      http://baruch.siach.name/blog/                  ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
> =}------------------------------------------------ooO--U--Ooo------------{=
>    - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mikes at guam.net
 mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins
 G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS

ROSETTA      65581948.752849 | ABC          16613838.513356
SETI        109390366.344090 | EINSTEIN    141162829.499240