Issue after upgrade from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28 with build?

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Jun 19 11:19:19 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 08:45:55PM +1000, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> Upgraded a Fedora 27 VirtualBox system to Fedora 28, and then went to
> rebuild a working busybox setup and get an error during the build with
> mount.c.
>
> Is looking for rpc/rpc.h (and two other header files). With the fedora 27, the
> directory /usr/include/rpc/ has a number of header files, but with the fedora
> 28, it only contains netdb.h??
>
> With 27, it shows glibc-headers as the file that provides it. The fedora 28 has
> the package installed, and even tried reinstalling it, but still just the one file.
>
> With the Fedora 28, dnf whatprovides search for /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h results
> in nothing found.
>
> Not sure if has been moved, or somehow dropped from the system.
>
> Tried copying the missing files, from a fedora 27 to the directory, and it gets
> thru the compile of mount.c, but then has error with the linking.
>
> Not sure if this is a busybox or fedora issue.

glibc deprecated its internal rpc implementation. Fedora 28 now builds glibc
without rpc support.

You might find the advice in util-linux/mount.c useful:

#  warning "You probably need to build uClibc with UCLIBC_HAS_RPC for NFS support"
   /* not #error, since user may be using e.g. libtirpc instead.
    * This might work:
    * CONFIG_EXTRA_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tirpc"
    * CONFIG_EXTRA_LDLIBS="tirpc"
    */

Another option is to use an external mount.nfs utility.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -