[busybox] v0.5 of busybox single-applet iterative build script

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jun 23 09:49:23 PDT 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 5:26 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 02:51:15PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> >>
> >> That would be very welcome, from my POV (remember the CONFIG_TR and
> >> CONFIG_SYSCTL gotchas..)
> >
> >I'm trying to get a release candidate out by monday so that we can have
> > the week to find bugs before the final release on the 30th...
>
> Please review the tail -c1 /dev/block_device patch. Do we have a current
> list of outstanding bugs that are not in the bugtracker?

I have a 2.7 megabyte mbox file containing 400+ messages I have marked
as "pending".  Almost entirely things that went by on this list that I never
quite got around to.

I'm slowly working through it, but there's no way I'll get to them all this
weekend...

> >> Ditto, wipe. `make CFLAGS_EXTRA=""´ instead.
> >
> >Agreed.
>
> You applied the EXTRA_CFLAGS_OPTIONS, the CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX is
> outstanding and should IMO be in 1.2

If you could do that one, I'd appreciate it...

> >I just converted the networking/dhcp menu since it was small.  Toe in the
> >water sort of thing...
>
> CONFIG_APP is fine. Can we decide on CONFIG_BB for the globals now (and
> change it either for 1.2 or later on)?

I'd prefer to treat them more individually.  CONFIG_EFENCE and CONFIG_DMALLOC
are both CONFIG_DEBUG entries, for example.  Some are probably
CONFIG_FEATURE_BUSYBOX (hideously long as that prefix is...)

I haven't had a chance to look that closely yet, and I have to be at a
doctor's appointment in 45 minutes...