[BusyBox] 20050501 cvs: coreutils/stat.c:175

Gabor Z. Papp gzp at papp.hu
Sun May 1 20:33:33 UTC 2005

* Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:

| > yo,
|
| You're from philadelphia, with a hungarian email address?

No.

| > /home/gzp/src/busybox/coreutils/stat.c: In function `print_statfs':
| > /home/gzp/src/busybox/coreutils/stat.c:175: error: structure has no member
| > named `f_frsize' make: *** [/home/gzp/src/busybox/coreutils/stat.o] Error 1
|
| This didn't build for me either.  None of the stuff in the new "ext2
| twiddling" submenu did, I switched it off.  I'm under the vague impression
| there's a missing header file.  (I also don't know what they're trying to
| accomplish, adding an ext2-specific stat applet that I've literally never
| used but not adding mke2fs or tune2fs which I use all the time...  Oh
| well...)

I'm interested in `stat' only, and using other ext2fs related tools
from the e2fsprogs tarball.

| > more details at http://gzp.hu/tmp/busybox/20050501/
|
| For future reference, good bug reports generally tell us:
| A) what version of our project you're using,

svn co from 20050501 as the subject said. Well, not cvs, but go figure...

| B) what environment you're compiling it in,

What other environment do you need than uname, libc, gcc version and
the build config to fix a such problem like the above?

| C) The error you had.
|
| Generally, if we're sufficiently interested, we want to reproduce what you did
| to see the problem ourselves.  For example, a copy of your .config file
| (which we can not only read but drop in our environment and compile) is much
| more useful than a log of the "make oldconfig" responses you got...

Rob, ever read the details at the URL I posted? Seems like not.  Never
ran make oldconfig, this is the output of a simpley gmake.  If it runs
oldconfig, then it is the normal behaviur, or something wrong with the
build system.

Erik, heeelp me. :-)