[BusyBox] Problem with getty/login

Matthias Auchmann matthias.auchmann at artech.at
Fri Aug 6 11:26:47 MDT 2004

Hi List!

I have a problem with my getty/login/init part of busybox.

When I start my system and try to log in on ttyS0 (first serial port),
which is my console, I enter my username ('root'), which is echoed twice
(first strange thing).
Then I enter a password, but whatever I do, nothing happens, until the
login procedure finally times out after 60 seconds.
Then, a new login-prompt is printed, and this time, everything works
fine -> so the problem only occurs at the first login at ttyS0
It seems like login never gets the password I entered...

I do NOT have this problem on ttyS1, where everything works out fine,
even the first time!

Here is the what I get: