[BusyBox] find optimization

magicfox magicfox at magic.fr
Fri Apr 30 08:16:26 UTC 2004

>>I did some simple tests but not complete, and it seems ok, great !
>>Do you have planed some test in /testsuite of Busybox ?
>>Can I help you ?
>
> I'm using a Linux From Scratch build as a testsuite.  It's finding all sorts
> of fun things wrong.  (Most recently the fact that busybox gzip should not be
> called on more than one file, the second and later files have the size wrong
> in the header.  The data seems ok, though...)
>
> In terms of making a test suite based on the SuS3 documentation, I'm thinking
> about it, but waiting for 1.0 first...
>
> Kind regards
> Rob

Rob,

The actual version of find works fine as excepted, but it's only a tiny
version and it don't actually handle multiple patterns and -or / -and
options vs GPL version. But look at the code size....
Busybox is as I can understand *for* embedded systems, so a small memory
footprint *is* a criteria !

Best regards