Interworking of cron and sendmail applets

Kaarle Ritvanen kaarle.ritvanen at datakunkku.fi
Tue Jan 21 17:41:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am using the busybox cron applet and would like to receive the output of
the jobs by email. I would not like to install an MTA on the host, but
rather have the busybox sendmail applet handle the sending. Currently,
such a setup does not work. Apparently, this is due to the sendmail applet
requiring the use of the -f option to specify the sender, which the cron
applet does not use. There is some code in the sendmail applet to
automatically determine the sender, but that has been commented out.

I think it would be reasonable to make the cron and sendmail applets
interoperate. Any opinions on which applet this should be fixed in?

BR,
Kaarle