variable handling in ash

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Sun Mar 6 07:17:26 UTC 2011

 Hallo Dan!

>> ash manpage
>>> I completely failed to pick that up last time I looked for it.
> Is there any reason this isn't included in the Busybox source package?
> ash is probably the most complex applet included, and therefore the most
> likely to diverge from any upstream documentation.

I would like to see that one included in the Busybox package too.
Especially as neither the Busybox manpage nor any help text say's
anything about the features ash.

BTW: Shouldn't "busybox ash --help" not give a short summary of
invocation options and at least say something like "Standard command
interpreter for the system, mostly POSIX compliant." ... and here we
could add "(See ash.1 manual page for more information)" ... is anything
wrong with this? ... does anybody complain about the extra size this needs?

--
Harald