fascistic commit r084e2284c700 busybox/scripts/gen_build_files.sh

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Mon May 17 03:59:37 UTC 2010

Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Sunday 16 May 2010 19:02, Douglas Mencken wrote:
>
>> This commit declares "gen_build_files.sh" as the one that "uses
>> bashism", and "document it".
>> But what is the real result of this commit? It is:
>>     make: /root/build-farm/busybox-1969-g084e228.srcpkg/scripts/gen_build_files.sh:
>> Command not found
>>     make: *** [gen_build_files] Error 127
>> Because
>>     -#!/bin/sh
>>     +#!/bin/bash
>> So now it is not possible to build busybox having only busybox shell
>> (ash) and not bash.
>>

> I reverted fascistic commit :) :)

This is going to cause the same problem that the "gen_build_files.sh:
Remove bashisms" patch attempted to fix.  gen_build_files.sh is still
using bashisms (only part of "gen_build_files.sh: Remove bashisms" was
applied), so we need to either remove the bashisms, or change the
interpreter to bash, right?

Eg if I run "make defconfig" on my Ubuntu box I get incorrect behavior:
ptyser at petert busybox $ make defconfig
  CHK     ./findutils/Kbuild
read: 53: arg count
  CHK     ./findutils/Config.in
read: 53: arg count