[BusyBox] re-read inittab

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Oct 25 14:56:28 UTC 2004

 > On Monday 06 September 2004 07:19, Rob Landley wrote:
... a lot of good stuff about how reloading init doesn't work, including:
 > Don't HUP the current busybox init (which is what init -q does).  Just don't
 > go there.  There are multiple layers of "not a good idea" involved in this
 > recommendation.

so, given that reloading init on changes to inittab is a pretty
common thing to want to do (in my little embedded part of the
cosmos, anyway :-), are there any good workarounds for this?  can
another init simplybe dropped in to replace the busybox init?  if
so, what init is recommended?

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com