[BusyBox] newbie question

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Fri Jun 29 01:29:26 UTC 2001

Goetz,

> On Thu, Jun 28 '01 at 21:24, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> > Also my HOWTO: first lines from my rc script:
> > 1) requires only /bin/sh (sym)link to busybox
> > 2) enable BB_MAKEDEVS (default disable)
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > busybox mount -a
> > [ ... ]
> > M=makedevs
> > echo $M
> > $M hda b 3   0 0 8 s
> > $M hdb b 3  64 0 8 s
> > $M hdc b 22  0 0 8 s
> > [ ... ]
> That's why I've choosen to use a 2.4.x kernel with devfs enabled for my
> bootfloppies :-) (that, and the fact that 2.4 features ramfs)

When in calculation there is all conceivable optimization of resources dispute
devfs vs
/dev, certainly wins my method: minimal /dev and creation of the necessary
special files
of devices in starting script. And differently - what sense with such work to
optimize (bb)
everything else if we so shall be lost memory on rather significant size of a
code (devfs)?

As for me it is completely not clear, what for on creation of a boot disks the
kernel
contains in examples minixfs with ext2fs. Hmmm...

--w
vodz