Primary goals of uClibc

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue May 16 05:19:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 01:13:45 -0400, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 12:26:10AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> However you are correct that on non-i386 archs the glibc structure
> does not match the kernel structure. I assume this is due to the
> original (pre-personality) decision by Linus to use existing
> proprietary unix ABI's. However I don't really see how the glibc stat
> struct is any better than the native ones in this case. Both have the

It's not "better."  Using the same ABI (as far as possible, including
calling conventions, syscall and error numbers) means that there's a
remote change to run a program pulled from the original operating
system.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O