[uClibc] support for unix domain socket ancillary data?

David Muse dmuse at 4accesscommunications.com
Mon Jul 18 08:37:41 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 01:33 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 17 July 2005 08:38 pm, Sarah Smith wrote:
> > Does uClibc support in any configuration using unix domain sockets
> > ancillary data, particularly SCM_CREDENTIALS[1]?
>
> according to a quick grep of glibc and uclibc, we already do ...
>
> enable full rpc support and see if that helps
> -mike

I use unix domain socket ancillary data to pass file descriptors between
processes.  It works fine for me under uClibc, at least on arm and x86.
It's tricky to do though.  It took me a while to get it working, even
with lots of examples, so if you're running into trouble, it may not be
uClibc-related.

Dave Muse
dmuse at 4accesscommunications.com