[uClibc]uclibc ldd w/ debian dpkg-buildpackage

Ben Low ben at titr.uow.edu.au
Wed May 29 03:24:24 UTC 2002

[uclibc 0.9.11 on a debian 3.0 i686 box, using dpkg-dev 1.9.20]

I'm using debian's package builder dpkg-buildpackage to build a
uclibc-based application (busybox), and have found a problem with
the interaction between dpkg-shlibdeps (dh_shlibdeps) invocation
of uclibc's ldd: as part of the dpkg-buildpackage process, dh_shlibdeps
calls:

ldd -- <binary>

However as uclibc's ldd doesn't recognise any options, it tries to look
for a file called '--' and fails, which then stops the dpkg-buildpackage
dead. (Is it a problem to add getopt support to ldd, and the other tools?)

It's been reported [1] that others use dpkg-buildpackage: how? I'm simply
doing:

$ PATH=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin:$PATH
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

[1] http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2001-May/003793.html

Any suggestions welcome.

Ben

--
Ben Low
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's