[uClibc]compiling and using uClibc-0.9.11 for arm-nommu

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue May 28 21:37:56 UTC 2002

On Thu May 16, 2002 at 04:26:37PM +0200, Stephan Linz wrote:
> boa.elf2flt: In function `__uClibc_main':
> boa.elf2flt(.text+0x73ac): undefined reference to `_fini'
> boa.elf2flt(.text+0x73b4): undefined reference to `_init'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I think the key here is that you are compiling for arm-nommu.  I
had had reports of problems, but I currently have no test
hardware to check things out on.  I suspect that when using
elf2flt, everything is getting pre-linked and even though _init
and _fini are weak they are somehow getting linked in anyways...

Alledgedly I may soon be getting an arm-nommu system to play
with, which should let me root out the problem,

 -Erik