[uClibc]PPPd Segmentation fault with c++ toolchain ... continued

Thomas TESTASECCA thomas.testasecca at etictelecom.com
Thu May 2 12:57:43 UTC 2002

i precize, i'm cross compiling for arm
(cdb89712)

I add some experience i've tried :

I have 2 uclibc cross toolchain (call them ctA & ctB):
   ctA : One with gcc 2.95 & uclibc 0.9.9 wich doesn't support c++
   ctB : And the new one using uclibc 0.9.11 with gcc 3.0.4  with c++
support.

I have also, two different arm environment (root filesystem), fsA  build
with ctA and fsB build with ctB.

I've tried the following :

I have compiled pppd statically with the both toolchain -> 2 pppd
binaries pppdA & pppdB.

Now i tried to launch them into the 2 different filesystems fsA & fsB :

The result is strange :
pppdA & pppdB are working into fsA
pppdA & pppdB are NOT working into fsB

So it doesn't come from pppd !!
I really don't understand because, they not depend onto libraries (they
are statically linked) !!!
The linux kernel is the same for the two cases !!

Please i need help on this [:)]
Does somebody could try to run pppd with the new uclibc toolchain ?

thanks by advance
tom