[uClibc]Problem while building ltp with mips uClibc

ljw ljw at ialink.com.tw
Thu May 2 01:53:11 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I was trying to build ltp(Linux Test Project) with mips
uClibc and encountered some problems.

My cross-compile toolchain contains binutils-2.11.2,
gcc-3.0.4 and latest CVS version uClibc(Apr. 30 I think)
which all are configured as mipsel-linux

I found some header file definition mismatches or unimplemented
glibc functions in the process and I have made some modification
to ltp source to pass them. But, some testing functions need
pthread support and no luck in this one. They kept complained
about "undefined reference to 'clone'" while tried to link to
libpthread.so. I have checked my libpthread.so which is 90+ kb
but when I used nm to list the symbols in it, it shows "no symbol"

Did I do anything wrong while building the mips uClibc? But I
can build the busybox-0.60.2 with it successfully. Is there no
current support of pthread in mips arch? or something else I
must do?

Thanks for any advice or hint.