Proposal for a new applet: strings

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:39:57 UTC 2023

To the maintainers and everyone else whom can be interested,

 today I developed for a mobile device running a Linux kernel and
related GNU system (almost) a quite promising version of 'strings'
faster than the original and giving out the same output with the same
syntax. Good for me!

 I hope it will be good enough for you also. However, before starting
the integration with busybox I wish to know if this applet and/or its
implementation or an improved one, would have a good chance and
appreciation to enter in the busybox development stream.

 Here in the attachment I put the .c file in GPLv2, like busybox. In
its header just a raw estimation of its performance that can vary from
system to system and among different platforms but at least comparable
with the original from binutils.

 Best regards, R-