six patches from tinycore linux

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:59:08 UTC 2021

Il giorno gio 12 ago 2021 alle ore 17:24 Roberto A. Foglietta <
roberto.foglietta at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> I made a new patch that checks if the devtmpfs is supported otherwise skip
> the loop control.
> I have tested the code in simple main() for both cases and in a running
> busybox without devtmpfs.

 After some consideration, I found that the code is running by mount which
forks every time.
 So the static flag is useless, AFAIK.

 The good news is: I took the time of that checking code and it is very
fast.
 On my 4x slower virtual machine, it took not more than 253 us.

 The code to take the time in nanosecond is attached to this email.
 If you think that it could be useful for busybox, take it.

 Regards,
-R