rustybox, an experimental fork written entirely in Rust

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Thu Nov 14 22:59:05 UTC 2019

Hi all!

On 14/11/2019 23:45, Samuel Ainsworth wrote:
[...]
> I hadn’t thought about the license situation yet. I’m not a lawyer but I’m not sure how the license situation would work since this is kind of a Ship of Theseus situation.

Whatever "Ship of Theseus situation" is and/or means in this content.
"busybox" is GPLv2 (-> https://www.busybox.net/license.html) so any
derived work - using any script/program[0] which simply
global-find-replace on some level does that - is automatically GPLv2.

Mfg,
	Bernd (IANAL though)

[0]: Using "indent" on it nothing else ....
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at