[git commit] taskset: add support for taking/printing CPU list (-c option)

Xabier Oneca -- xOneca xoneca at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 10:19:32 UTC 2019

Hi Bernhard,

> >+/*
> >+ * Parse the CPU list and set the mask accordingly.
> >+ *
> >+ * The list element can be either a CPU index or a range of CPU
> >indices.
> >+ * Example: "1,3,5-7".
> >+ *
> >+ * note1: pattern specifiers after a range (e.g. 0-255:2/64) are not
> >supported
>
> Why's that?
>
> Its late here and I'm probably too tired by now  but wouldn't just recursing afterwards allow for that to work naturally?
>
> Thanks for beating it into vague sanity either way ;)
> Cheers,

 From taskset(1) (note: --cpu-list is same as -c):

           --cpu-list 0-10:2
                       is  processors  #0, #2, #4, #6, #8 and #10. The
suffix ":N" specifies stride in the range, for
                       example 0-10:3 is interpreted as 0,3,6,9 list.

I don't think recursing can help in any way here...

I've not found anything about the /64 of the comment, though...

Cheers,

Xabier Oneca_,,_