busybox-uevent: 'settle' functionality?

Cameron Norman camerontnorman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:16:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am using the uevent applet, but I would like to take a different approach
than using `mdev -s` for coldplug device initialization. I can trigger
uevent's in /sys on boot, but I need a way to wait for the uevent applet to
finishing listening for those events and executing PROG. I was thinking
about using a lock file to accomplish this. The uevent applet would open a
lock file whenever it is processing events, and close it when the netlink
socket doesn't have any more events to read. After trigger the events in
/sys, I can just wait for the uevent applet to close the lock. Is this a
good approach? Where should I put the lock file? Would patches for this
type of functionality be welcome?

Thanks,
--
Cameron Nemo