BusyBox on Windows 10 (WSL)

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Thu Jul 5 06:57:55 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

did anyone of you start building a BusyBox based minimal distribution
for WSL?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/build-custom-distro I think
having a musl plus BusyBox based minimal linux running on WSL could be a
great way of showcasing BusyBox' abilities on one hand and it could
leverage the power of a linux command line without having to download a
full fledged distribution. I maintain (updated about once a year) a
small distribution that could be used as a starting point for this
experiment: https://github.com/mschlenker/TinyCrossLinux - However doing
it based on a buildroot target might also work.

If someone of you started building BusyBox for WSL I'd happily join, if
not, I'll update TinyCrossLinux soon and add WSL as a target there.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de

Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767 - Fax: +49 341 25365955
Mobile (primary): +49 163 6953657
Mobile (secondary): +49 178 2323141
VATIN DE240998538

https://github.com/mschlenker