Busybox 1.26.2 crashes with SEGFAULT

Ronny Meeus ronny.meeus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 06:19:15 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Ronny Meeus <ronny.meeus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 20 sep. 2017 21:27 schreef "Patrick Pief" <p.pief at zoho.com>:
>
>  ---- On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:57:57 +0200 Ronny Meeus <ronny.meeus at gmail.com>
> wrote ----
>  > We are using version 1.26.2 build with buildroot on a Cavium (MIPS)
> processor.
>  > The CPU is a 64b processor but we have a 32b userspace.
>
> o32 or n32?
>

> n32

To be complete.

output of "file busybox":
busybox: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, N32 MIPS64 rel2 version 1,
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, with
unknown capability 0x41000000 = 0xf676e75, with unknown capability
0x10000 = 0x70403, not stripped

Toolchain version:
mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc --version
mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc (Cavium Inc. Version: SDK_BUILD build 50) 4.7.0

Library:
/tmp # /lib32/octeon2/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.16, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.7.0.
Compiled on a Linux 3.10.59 system on 2017-01-24.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libc ABIs: MIPS_PLT UNIQUE
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

Best regards