BusyBox for OSX

casey pfourier at mninter.net
Sat Sep 10 08:39:56 UTC 2016

>I am not sure that i understand your problem:
>Are you aware that you can use "make menuconfig" to get a tool
>that allows finetuning busybox like selecting individual applets like 'ping' ?

>re,
> wh
Hi wh,
This BusyBox for OSX source is OLD and must be upgraded, to match what you suggest!
Q: How can this OLD BusyBox for OSX source be upgraded to the latest revision so that it can be fine-tuned to select individual applets?
casey

Sam-MacBook-Pro:busybox Hill$ ./busybox
BusyBox v1.20.0.git (2016-09-10 02:40:34 CDT) multi-call binary.
Copyright (C) 1998-2011 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, Denys Vlasenko
and others. Licensed under GPLv2.
See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: busybox --list[-full]
   or: function [arguments]...

	BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
	utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
	link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
	will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
	[, [[, ar, ash, awk, base64, basename, bbconfig, bunzip2, bzcat, bzip2,
	cat, catv, chgrp, chmod, chown, chpst, chroot, cksum, clear, cmp, comm,
	cp, cpio, cryptpw, cttyhack, cut, date, dc, dd, diff, dirname,
	dnsdomainname, dos2unix, dpkg, dpkg-deb, du, echo, ed, egrep, env,
	envdir, expand, expr, fakeidentd, false, fgrep, find, flock, fold,
	fsync, ftpd, ftpget, ftpput, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, hd,
	head, hexdump, hostid, hostname, id, inetd, ipcalc, kill, less, ln,
	logger, login, logname, ls, lzcat, lzma, lzop, lzopcat, makemime,
	md5sum, mesg, microcom, mkdir, mkfifo, mkpasswd, mktemp, more, mv, nc,
	nice, nohup, od, patch, pipe_progress, popmaildir, printenv, printf,
	pscan, pwd, rdate, rdev, readlink, realpath, reformime, renice, reset,
	resize, rev, rm, rmdir, rpm, rpm2cpio, rtcwake, run-parts, runsvdir,
	rx, script, scriptreplay, sed, sendmail, seq, setconsole, setkeycodes,
	setsid, sh, sha1sum, sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, softlimit, sort,
	split, start-stop-daemon, strings, stty, sum, sv, svlogd, sync, tac,
	tail, tar, tcpsvd, tee, telnet, telnetd, test, tftp, tftpd, time,
	timeout, touch, tr, true, tty, ttysize, udpsvd, uname, uncompress,
	unexpand, uniq, unix2dos, unlzma, unlzop, unxz, unzip, usleep,
	uudecode, uuencode, vi, watch, wc, wget, which, whoami, whois, xargs,
	xz, xzcat, yes, cat

Sam-MacBook-Pro:busybox Hill$ ./busybox telnet
BusyBox v1.20.0.git (2016-09-10 02:40:34 CDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: telnet [-a] [-l USER] HOST [PORT]