problem ftpd server autentication busybox

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:19:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:46:16AM +0100, Davide Urbani wrote:
> Hi I have a problem with the ftpd command busybox. When I create the socket from ftpd server (tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd / files / to / serve) the server is running. But when I connect with a client I am always required me a username and password for authentication that are not aware. The server should not be anonymous? Please can help me. Thanks
>
> my busybox version v1.24.1
> Urbani Davide 15/03/16

Was your busybox compiled with FEATURE_FTP_AUTHENTICATION enabled?

If so, provide the username and password for a local account.
In other words, if user 'ftp' has password 'foo' on the computer that
runs ftpd, give those as your username and password.

Note to developers:
//usage: should match the various features; always describing ftpd as an
'anonymous FTP server' is gross inaccuracy, when you can turn on password-
based authentiacation.