'case' UTF-8 bug

Martijn Dekker martijn at inlv.org
Sat Dec 24 13:17:54 UTC 2016

Op 24-11-16 om 08:22 schreef Denys Vlasenko:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Martijn Dekker <martijn at inlv.org> wrote:
>> Op 24-11-16 om 00:14 schreef Denys Vlasenko:
>>> Can't reproduce:
>> [...]
>>> Tried with CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE=y and it still works for me.
>>>
>>> Please send your .config
>>
>> OK, see attached.
>
> Still can't reproduce, 1.25.1 works fine with your config
> on my machine.
>
> Let's find out why it doesn't work for you. Is it environment?
[...]

Nope, environment makes no difference.

Finally found the time to track down the bug on my machine. It is
triggered by CONFIG_LOCALE_SUPPORT. Disabling that option makes the bug
go away reliably. (I also noticed this option is not enabled by default.)

Interestingly, whether CONFIG_UNICODE_SUPPORT is enabled or not does not
seem to make any difference.

So now I don't know if the bug is in busybox, in my local C library (GNU
glibc 2.17 on Slackware 14.1), or some combination of both.

Happy holidays,

- M.