RFD: Rework/extending functionality of mdev

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Sun Mar 15 22:44:54 UTC 2015

Hi James!

 > 1) Why argue over something that has already been admitted?
>     It does not bolster your argument and it does not put in you
>     a good light.

Keep cool, I know the fears of Laurent.

There are to many stupid programmers out there, who would try to add
something like that into system management related programs. Couldn't go
worser. Even if it works, at the first glance, it is error prone, and
the next who change message size of one process, will break the chain,
and possibly smash the system (as running with root privileges).

Laurent just overlooked my lead in "just for curiosity". And (again)
that's it: curiosity.

... at least until reactions have bean standardized, clearly documented
(not same as former), and guarantied.

--
Harald