Unable to disable "CONFIG_FEATURE_SYSLOG"

purushi1 . purushi1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:19:45 UTC 2015

Hi Xabier Oneca,

Thanks for the explanation, I understand it better now.
Our current implementation is based on CONFIG_INIT flag. We are using init
script /etc/init.d/rcS which is launched by  /etc/inittab.
Also we have already disabled BASH shell in our hardened kernel.

So preferable fix for us would be to somehow disable CONFIG_FEATURE_SYSLOG,
while keeping CONFIG_INIT enabled. Is this possible?
Else please suggest what would be a better alternative?

thanks a lot for your support.
Best regards,
Purushotham