Deluser: deleting the home folder

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 18:48:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
>> I think it is bad idea to only allow this operation when long options
>> are enabled. Long options and this functionality are two separate
>> things in my book.
>

> "Standard" deluser has only long options.
>
> Incompatibility is not a good thing.

Sure, but busybox has short option in other cases for such operation,
so you need incompatibility somewhere anyway.

In addition, the long option is not the problem. The problem is that
the functionality is switched off by switching the long option off,
rather than the actual functionality. Therefore, busybox does not
remain as fine-tunable as possible. Which is why I said it was a bad
idea in my opinion. I would like to be able to customize busybox to
only include things what I want. Currently, if I do not want long
options, but I do want this small feature, I have to get everything.
This is against the minimal project principles.