`busyboxvi` is not working like before

Steven Honeyman stevenhoneyman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:23:47 UTC 2014

On 23 October 2014 22:35, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 07:45:14PM +0100, Steven Honeyman wrote:
>> On 19 October 2014 14:22, walter harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:
>> > I would vote for a busybox-next (or what you call it).
>> > A branch that easly fold back into the main but contains all
>> > the recent patches.
>> > That givce a clear space for experiements and makes it possible for
>> > denis to see the reqiered changes.
>>
>> Well, I am a newbie to git, but I'll give it a go seeing as nobody else has:
>>
>> https://github.com/stevenhoneyman/busybox
>>
>> I created a branch "busybox-next" and have made a start on applying
>> patches from here (and some from OpenWRT).
>> Either it will stay ahead or inline with upstream, or I'll remove it.
>> I have no intention to create a fork; all upstream changes will be
>> merged.
>>
>> ...if I can figure out how to use git properly :)
>>
>> Pull requests are welcome for any patches I might have missed.
>>

>> Steven.
>
> Looking through the logs and patches.
>
> I can't seem to find where miscutils/lock.c was submitted, but I can see why
> it never got merged.
> It simply duplicates a subset of the functionality of flock incompatibly,
> while completely ignoring the Busybox infrastructure.
> eg:
> lock option     flock option
> -s              -s
> -u              -u
> -w              (flock; flock -u)
> (default)       -n              #as far as I can tell from the help
> (none)          -w <timeout>
>                 -o
>                 -c command
>
> usage() instead of calling show_usage(), handmade getopt() equivalent
> instead of getopt32().

Hmm didn't spot that one! I will revert that patch - thanks.
It came from openWRT -->
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/utils/busybox/patches/220-add_lock_util.patch

> dmesg -C should have been redone for compatability with standard dmesg.
>
> Thanks,
> Isaac Dunham

I like non-standard colour version more than no colour. If someone
wants to rewrite that patch, I will change it.

Thanks,
Steven