missing format string in applets/usage_pod.c

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Aug 14 14:28:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Tanguy Pruvot <tanguy.pruvot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> its the same with bionic libc (arm)
>
> printf("test") is ok but not printf(buf) with char buf[] = "test";
> printf("%s", buf) is ok

Yeah, I guess it is about personal preference. I personally do not like the
extended code just to make some "smart" option silent. IMHO, it makes the
code needlessly longer by adding another small layer for the content of the
variable. If there is no need for formatting, why use printf in the first
place and not fputs with stdout? IMHO, stdout is nicer than "%s" :-) On the
other hand, it is too bad that there is nothing between fputs and puts
where you do not need to use the file descriptor and you do not get a new
line either.