How to contact Philips firmware developers?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 9 17:39:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Hin-Tak Leung
<htl10 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> To be honest, any sane tech company with a large consumer product list
> (or even a small one) hide their engineering resources from contact
> by random end users. You really do not want random person
> who bought one consumer product of yours to be able
> to bombard your engineering resources with random end user
> or even smart user questions or complaints...
> even just ignoring such e-mails takes time and resources.

On the other hand, how would you know of your device's deficiencies
if you don't listen to your users?

These firms already spent resources setting up customer support.
A smart firm would instruct their customer support people
to collate typical users' complaints and forward them to engineers.

> (By PC/notebook, I assume you mean windows... you might want to be more specific when you write to
> those two groups of people anyway...)

No, they both run Linux.