How to contact Philips firmware developers?

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue Oct 8 19:41:00 UTC 2013

Hi Denys,

you describe the general situation with support of bigger
German/European Companies. There is no possibility to contact the
developers, if customer services neglect to allow those contacts.

Especially Philips is a well known company with this kind of
problem. You never get useful support if you have a
special question which is not on main stream support
documentation.

Many German forums are full of those situations you describe. And
the general answer is, there is no official way to contact
developers. In fact there are no specific developer group, as
Philips tend to hire developers all around the world for small
projects, and as soon as the projects are finished they quit or
get fired ... the cheaper way of development. ... but in any case
something does not work, customer services can't help you.

There are only three possibilities to find the result to your
question:

1) Ask in forums and cross your fingers, one knows more of
technical backgrounds

2) You hit a developer willing to neglect his written contracts
and answer your questions.

3) Find an own solution for your problem.

Sorry for this stupid answer, but it hits the facts on such kind
of support.

... but more related to your problem: There exits many
adapther cables ans converter boxes to exist on your problem.
Most of those focus on video signals, but some also allow audio
signals.

The information of available channels is read from a description
block transferred via an I2C interface on HDMI, during setup.
This allows the devices to adapt it's functionality. In case this
information does not match your needs the devices may enable or
disable the wrong channels.

"Audio in DVI" is an analog Audio input, Audio transfered via
HDMI is digital Audio, so you need more than just an adapther
cable. You need a converter box, best one which converts SVGA
signal and analog audio in to a full HDMI channel.

http://www.lenkeng.net/
here is a side offering different such devices. You may start
from there, but they are not the only suppliers.

The first step is always to exactly look which kind of
connections and signals you have. As connectors labeled DVI are
not always DVI-D, which may easily be converted to HDMI.

Some of those converter boxes are only available in the
European region. If you hit on such a box, which can't be
shipped to U.S. directly, I may be able to help you.

If you have more specific problems, let me know. I've contact to
some people knowing lots more on display/audio connection then
I'm.

--
Harald