XZ embedded bug unpacking linux-3.8.tar.xz

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 21:10:38 UTC 2013

Hi Antonio !

On 28-02-2013 16:44 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz at teleline.es> wrote:
>Hello Harald.
>
>Harald Becker wrote:
>> Pleace read as: ... have a single zcat ... AS AN BUSBOX APPLET ...
>
>I see. Well, perhaps the zcat from zutils could be adapted to
>Busybox. :-)

IMO great idea, but it is not my decision. Ask Denys if this would be
accepted. I would be really keen to see that in.

>Zutils was not accepted in GNU because the names conflict with those
>in gzip.

Ok zcat is the name of the original gzip decompressor, but isn't that
one compatible with the old behavior? Arguments and function shall be
the same as zcat from gzip, but in addition it shall detect the
compression format and uncompress all other known formats in the same
way (known format configure able on compile). So where is the conflict
in usage beside original gzip? Do they have the rights about the name
"zcat"? ... name conflict is intentional here :(

... will have a look at your zutils, may be replacing my shell script
with a better solution.

--
Harald