Miscellaneous Busybox patches.

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun May 6 16:13:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Simon B <sburnet at hotmail.com> wrote:
> However on this occasion, I've needed to patch busybox to support some extra
> flags that it is currently missing, and that I have scripts that need to run
> in a cut-down environment that rely on that functionality. Given the scripts
> are less in my control than the environment, I had to choose between
> modifying busybox and installing the full GNU set of tools. If it were just
> SED, it wouldn't have been a big issue but I wanted to avoid coreutils, and
> so the patching began.

Please send future patches to mailing list, one patch per email.

> 1. LN will support the -v (verbose) and -T (source is a file; error if it is
> given a directory rather than make links inside it) flags.

Applied, thanks

> 2. SED will support long options, and additionally will support an optional
> parameter to -i for backing up the original file.

Applied, thanks.

> 3. MV, RM, CP, MKDIR, RMDIR will now all support the -v (verbose) option.

I added dummy support for -v, IOW: accept, but ignore -v.
This would make any scripts which use -v for cosmetics
to not spuriously fail.

Do you really need those verbose messages?

Please check my commits at http://git.busybox.net/busybox/log/

--
vda