ash: printf problem interpreting octal escape sequences

Alexander Kriegisch kriegaex at freetz.org
Tue Mar 6 18:50:06 UTC 2012

Sorry for pushing this, but there has been traffic on the list, but no
reaction to my inquiry. If I was unclear of information is missing,
please let me know.

Or at least say something like: "POSIX says octal escape sequences are
no longer than three digits, so even though dash and bash support four
digits and BB echo does too, we will not introduce this behaviour to BB
printf." Then at least I know that you regard the inquiry as invalid.

It is not urgent, I just do not want it to be forgotten or forget it myself.

Thank you.

Alexander Kriegisch, 04.03.2012 00:49: