do stuff after shutdown

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:52:28 UTC 2012

I have a busybox system booting over pxe, it does some stuff and then
eventually boots up my main linux distro.  my question is; when i'm
done with my main linux distro, is it possible to run commands back in
the busybox shell after the switchroot completes/returns?

does it move stuff back and let you continue to run a command or two,
or is the environment trashed requiring a reset of the box.  my
inclination from the code is that it's trashed, but i just want to
make sure

my testing shows the box just hanging after I do a shutdown, but i'm
not sure if that's because i'm doing something wrong or the
functionality i want doesn't exist.

can someone confirm this for me?

thanks
- michael