Remote shell problems.

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 19:48:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 20:35 +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:56:14AM +0000, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> > /bin/bash: line 1: $'\r': command not found
> >
> > /bin/bash: line 2: $'\r': command not found
>
> Make sure that your .profile and/or .bashrc files have UNIX style End of Line,
> that is, '\n', not Windows style, '\r\n'.
>
> baruch

Currently im using a serial console running bash only.  The only file
in /etc is the startup script.  The filesystem has no .profile
or .bashrc in any directory.

Its possible I need to something to bring the system up, so far im doing
almost nothing.

I compiled a netcat-0.7.1 for arm and that behaves in the same was as
busybox netcat so I must be missing something I need to make shells
behave via pipes ? ? maybe ... duno ...

Thanks,
Jon