Help wanted, setconsole problem

ralda at gmx.de ralda at gmx.de
Wed Apr 4 15:01:46 UTC 2012

> Something unexpected is happening here. I called Busybox make from
> within mc and it looks like mc is appending an apostrophe to the path
> string :-( ... never had this problem before ... trying to find what
> is happening !

The current version of Midnight Commander definitely append an
apostrophe to the PATH environment variable. Looks like one of the last
updates introduced this. I'm trying to find the reason and inform the
developers.

Due to the fact, the new cross-tool path was the last entered, that
entry was rendered unusable by the trailing apostrophe ... which let to
the failing Busybox make. The messages from Busybox build directed me
to unexpected changes of the PATH setting. This is correct, only my the
assumption who introduced that trouble, was wrong :-(

Sorry for the noise, again.

--
Harald