Fwd: Busy Box command lines

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 18:53:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Hi!
>
>> Is it possible using command ps to have busy box provide a list of the
>> top 10 memory/cpu files in use?
>
> The functionality to display CPU or memory utilization is not included
> in Busybox ps (at least in older versions). The lacking if those is one
> of the features I'm rally missing.
>
> ... else you could do something like this:
>
> ps -o pcpu,pid | tail -n +2 | sort -r | head -10
>
> ps -o format = display status columns you like
>
> tail -n +2 = suppress header line
>
> sort -r ... = sort status output the way you like
>
> head -10 = display wanted top most lines of sorted status
>
> ... but Busybox ps lacks pcpu (%cpu) and pmem (%mem) :-(

Yeah, needs to be fixed.

Meanwhile, I just committed a small change which makes *top*
a bit more useful in this regard: now you can feed it input by pipe:

echo .m.s.s.s.s.s.s.q | busybox top -b

and it will execute it as if it is entered from keyboard.
"." is an invalid key, here is causes top to generate
one iteration of output.

--
vda