Hush script to recurse through file system?

Sven Mascheck mascheck at in-ulm.de
Sun Jun 19 20:45:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 03:39:11PM -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:

>> [ find ... -exec vs. find ... -print0|xargs -0 ]
>
> [...] I've mostly used -exec because I just thought it was better
> in all cases - clearly it's not.

It is, if -exec + is used, but Busybox has not implemented it.
Originally a System V feature, GNU and almost all other flavours have
also implemented it meanwhile [1], and SUS aka POSIX favours it over
-print0 [2].  Perhaps this feature is also appropriate for busybox?

[1] http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/find/#xargs
[2] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/find.html#tag_04_55_05