fdisk reinstate sleep

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Wed Jul 13 09:28:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 13 at 09:04, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Monday 11 July 2011 17:45, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> > I traced it to a commented out sleep(2) in fdisk.c.  With the sleep
> > reinstated fdisk is reliable.
>
> What is the minimum usleep(MICROSEC) it works for you?

>From previous post with the loop test:
So approx 150ms, but I'm guessing this will be very hardware dependent.

> What is your kernel version and model of USB disk?

Currently 2.6.36 I guess the next customer release will be a 3.something.

BusyBox v1.18.3 again we'll probably update before next release.

As for the USB drive it's a CMG-DSK-40.  You'll never have of heard of
it unless you're a geoscientist.  External FireWire/USB drive based on
an Oxford Semiconductor mass storage chip with a laptop PATA drive
(later models use SATA).  Similar to some Lacie external drives but we
add heaters and waterproofing for Arctic conditions.

To be honest I'm happy to carry this forward as a localy applied patch
if no one else is seeing a problem.

--
        Bob Dunlop