hush - memory leak?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jan 3 19:22:38 UTC 2011

On Monday 03 January 2011 08:43:41 Piotr Grudzinski wrote:
> > If it was kernel, gcc would probably be triggering it.  It's almost
> > certainly
> > a uClibc bug.  You're using a 3.5 year old version on a platform variant
> > (nommu) that really didn't have much testing back then.
> >
> > Which uClibc source tree are you using, what's your .config, and what
> > target
> > architecture are you building for?
> >
> > Rob
>
> The kernel and uClibc are from www.uclinux.org  release 20080808.

This is almost certainly a uclinux bug, in their modified version of the nommu
C library.  You need to ask them about it.

> I sent my .config with the initial posting on Dec 21. Can you get it?
> (There seems to be some problem with my attachments sent to
> busybox at busybox.net).

There's a maximum message size for posting.

> Architecture - ARM922T.
> gcc - custom toolchain based on gcc 3.4.6.

Arm architectures are actually things like "armv4l, armv5l, armv6l".  I did a
writeup on them here:

  http://landley.net/aboriginal/architectures.html#arm

Google says that arm922t is an armv4 instruction set with the Thumb extensions
(armv4t).  I take it you're running it nommu to save the memory page tables
would take up?  (How much ram has it got?)

GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Menace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.