spoiled for choice on ftp

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Thu Feb 24 15:35:28 UTC 2011

 Hi !
>> - Upload doesn't always work proberly
>> - Login trouble with tools like mc
> Offtopic here but, could you be more specific please? I mean, can you
> remember how to reproduce such issues? I can not (in current
> releases).
Offtopic? Why? ... this is Busybox mailing list and it is (or at least
was) a Busybox issue.

May be those issues got fixed since I tried to use busybox ftpd, and
just droped the usage of that applet. There are several releases since
this try and I did't had any requirements to look deeper to this (had
working proftpd environments or no ftpd needs at all). But I'm currently
preparing to create a full blown rescue/maintenance system completely
running from initfs, so it would be nice to have a simple (but fully
working) ftpd ready to use at a low resource overhead. That is, I will
step to those tests at one of the next days (independent from current
topic here) ... so lets see what are the results of those tests.

--
Harald