spoiled for choice on ftp

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Tue Feb 22 18:25:00 UTC 2011

We have 2 versions of a product.

On the old one, inetd.conf starts off /sbin/ftpd on a new connection. I
assume that ftpd is a busy-box applet ?

On the new one, an AVR32, someone seems to have gone and got, compiled
and installed proftpd. Though ftpd still seems to be present!

[ I notice the link to ftpd has moved from /sbin to /usr/sbin  between
version 0.6 and 1.17 of busybox- I assume that's not of huge significance.
]

So the question is - can anyone explain/guess why it might have been
worthwhile to go and get proftpd, when ftpd seems to be there, and to
have been fine on the previous model?

TVM

David