options on date

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Thu Feb 3 11:57:00 UTC 2011

OK, let me try that one more time

if you put -s "string" into busybox it interprets the string as if the -s
were not there, in other words as a default format string.
if you put -s "string" into big date, it accepts the string, but parses
it in a completely different way.

THEREFORE.

It does no-one any service for busybox to accept and ignore the -s
string.

If the command was intended only for busybox - it's meaningless

If the command has been ported across from big date, the string will not
be interpreted in a compatible manner, so appearing to accept it was
unhelpful.

Better to barf with a "'-s' not supported" message.