No libbusybox.so config

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:36:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> On 13/12/11 03:58, Douglas Mencken wrote:
>>> I can't seem to be able to get a libbusybox.so lib
>>
>> It is libbb actually.

No it is not.

> Right, thanks for the tip. The INSTALL file says...
>
> "If you enabled the busybox shared library feature (libbusybox.so)
> and want to run tests without installing, set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> accordingly when running the executable:"
>

> # CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX is not set
>
> And I still can't figure out how to get a libbb.so. Nothing I try
> will change that setting above. Any hints ?

Config.in contains:

config BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX
        bool "Build shared libbusybox"
        default n
        depends on !FEATURE_PREFER_APPLETS && !PIE && !STATIC

So, you must be having one of those options enabled.
Please post your .config file.

I tried current git:

$ make defconfig
$ make menuconfig
 --> Busybox Settings  ---> Build Options  --->
 [*] Build shared libbusybox
 [*]   Produce a binary for each applet, linked against libbusybox
 [*]   Produce additional busybox binary linked against libbusybox
$ make -j4
  LINK    busybox_unstripped
Trying libraries: crypt m
 Library crypt is not needed, excluding it
 Library m is needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Final link with: m
libbusybox: 0_lib/libbusybox.so.1.20.0.git
busybox linked against libbusybox: 0_lib/busybox
Linking individual applets against libbusybox (see 0_lib/*)

and 0_lib/ contains 351 files, including libbusybox.so.1.20.0.git.

--
vda