[1.16.1] What options for "du"?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Apr 26 09:25:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 00:39:44 +0200, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
>It does:

Thanks Denys. I should have been more specific, and say that the
version of "du" that is packed into the busybox that comes with the
appliance I'm working with doesn't support the -h switch:

> /bin/busybox du -hs *
du: invalid option -- h

However, although running "make menuconfig" in Buildroot has this set
by default, "du" doesn't support the -h extension:
=======
BusyBox
[*]  du (default blocksize of 512 bytes) [ ]    Use a default
blocksize of 1024 bytes (1K)
=======
---  Common options for df, du, ls [*]    Support for human readable
output (example 13k, 23M, 235G)
=======

Is there another way to have "du" display data in a human-readable
fashion?

Thank you.