[1.4.1] Using sh to recurse through file system?

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Apr 14 09:16:53 UTC 2011

Selon Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>:

> Hello
>
> 	To get rid of unneeded libraries, if any, I'd like to use the
> scanelf application (www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/pax-utils.xml)
> and recurse from the root and check what shared libraries each
> application needs.

scanelf is easy to use because of -R, so something like this should work (don't
know with msh, maybe expand the dir list by hand)

for dir in /{bin,sbin} /lib/{,iptables,udev} /usr/{bin,lib,libexec,local,sbin};
do scanelf -nR $dir; done

another way with
find <same-top-level-dir-list> -maxdepth 0 -type f -exec scanelf -nR {} \;

another Gilles